baked pineapple fried rice
Pineapple // 1
Rice, cooked // 3 cup
Chicken, minced // 1 cup
Garlic, chopped // 1 clove
Green onion, chopped // 3 tbsp
Onion, chopped // 1/3 cup
Sesame oil // 1 tbsp
Fish sauce // 1 tbsp
Eggs, beaten // 2
Salt // 2 tsp
Curry powder // 1 tbsp
White pepper // 1 tsp
1. Trim off the pineapple leaves, slice the pineapple at 1/4 lengthwise.
2. Using a small sharp knife, remove fruit. Do not pierce pineapple skin. Set pineapple shells aside. Cut half of pineapple in 1-inch chunks. Reserve remaining pineapple for another use.
3. In a wok or a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add garlic, green onion and onion, stir fry until you can smell the flavor. Add chicken, stir fry until almost cooked. Place them in a bowl, set aside.
4. Clean the wok and heat oil over medium heat. In a bowl, beat eggs with some sesame oil, little bit of white pepper and 1 tbsp of salt. Add eggs to cook. When eggs are half cooked, add in the cooked rice. Sprinkle with the remaining salt, sesame oil, white pepper, fish sauce and curry powder. Stir fry until it's well combined.
5. Add in pinepapple chunks and the chicken mixture. Stir fry another 2 minutes.
6. Spoon the fried rice into pineapple shell. Bake 350F for 15 minutes.
* notes *
1/ Cook rice with a little less water than you normally would because rice will absorb juice from the meats and pineapple.
2/ To remove the fruits from pineapple shell, I first cut the edges and slice with knife and spoon out the fruits with icecream Scoop. Remember to remove the core.