Saturday, August 11, 2007

Vancouver vs Seattle

So far, I found...

  • American grocery stores don't carry cake flour or pastry flour, all they have is all-purpose and bread flour. Ground almonds are called almond flour or almond meals.

  • The only food I found is cheaper than Vancouver is ICECREAM! Like half the price and way more flavours!

  • Spanish in US is like French in Canada. Mexian restaurants in Seattle are like chinese restaurant in Richmond
  • Chinese food in Seattle usually means Schezuan or Mandarin, not Cantonese

  • Lots of crazy drivers in town...

  • Illusion of I am very silm...haha! Even L in kids size sometimes is too large for me

I miss Vancouver..............T_T........I miss good but cheap jap food, BC roll, 雞腿飯, 排骨飯, 菠蘿油, 葡tart, 叉燒, 抹茶奶綠, 百達門的海南雞, 一只鼎的小籠包, 白玉蘭的生煎包, 海港的金沙包, 冠寶的手撕雞, 食藝的焗黑芝麻西米布甸, Kitaro's ramen, Ganache's pastry, Subeez's yam fries with garlic mayo, Stepho's roast lamb...I even miss KFC's toonie tuesday.....even though it's actually more than a toonie.........

comment | 4 comments:
Anonymous said...

Long time no see! If you miss Cantonese food, feel free to come back to HK. ^-^

Yujai said...

yea, only if I can leave US T_T

siutou_amy said...

vancouver vs. lima

Peruvian groceries don't have Extra's Kellog cereal with banana and berries.

American/Canadian products are imported goods, hence they are pricier $$

Oreo and Chips Ahoy taste very yucky here, so I stick with Peruvian cookies.

General food and ice cream is cheaper in Lima, but Japanese and Korean food is expensive...

There are only 3 Korean restaurants that I know of...

There is no ramen.

Crazier drivers in town. Like... a LOT of bad-driving in Lima. It will scare you.

Illusion that I'm touring coz everyone dresses the same, and I can never find something that I really like to buy...

There is no "new products Tuesday" - so I never buy dvds or cds in Lima.

I miss cheap sushi, Ramen with AHDA, biscotti dessert, garlic mayo, Stepho's Roasted Lamb *drools* Going to Mondo, and taking walks around town with my expensive camera around my neck. I miss new movies at the theater that I never get to see, and I miss downtown Vancouver with HMV, A&B, Futureshop, English Bay and Stanley Park photo taking.

Yujai said...

I was craving for garlic mayo fries last weekend! Fortunately I did ate some similar fries on Sunday but no garlic mayo.....only got mustard mayo.....no good
Oh yea, I miss Stepho's Roasted Lamb! Even miss lineup outside the restaurant.....it was freaking cold!

comment | post | menu