因為買了新玩具(stand mixer), 所以大條道理要整蛋糕試機(哈!). 他說要吃sacher torte.
Sacher Torte, a extremely rich chocolate cake, is one of the most famous Viennese culinary specialties.
The cake consists of two layers of dense, not overly sweet chocolate dough with a thin layer of apricot jam in the middle and dark chocolate icing with shreds of chocolate on the top and sides. It is traditionally served with whipped cream without any sugar in it, as most Viennese consider the Sachertorte too "dry" to be eaten on its own.
info from wikipedia
參考多份recipe後, 最後挑了一份來做. 因為這類型的蛋糕隔天會更好吃, 我索性昨晚才弄. 過程還算順利, 焗好的torte外脆內軟, 味道也沒太甜. 我還徒手幫它行腰斬之刑, 切面非常漂亮!
但是弄chocolate glaze時出事了....glaze不夠多, 下手不夠快, 沒弄完就開始凝固了...嗚 ...失望下唯有寄望它好吃啦...
第2天Lunch後不夠2小時, 在t君的恥笑眼光下, 我已急不及待的嘗了一塊. 很濃很香朱古力味, 但沒我想像中moist. 可能因為我放了入雪櫃, 質感有點實, 不像sachertorte反而像fudge/brownies. 可能還是比較喜歡鬆軟的蛋糕, 反而喜歡昨晚單單一個torte, 外脆內軟很好吃. 或者不加syrup只用朱古力就可能剛好了.
今次算是失敗了, 不過這個torte recipe不錯可以留下來.
Eggs // 3
Sugar // 50g
Dark chocolate // 60g
Flour // 60g
Butter // 50g
Apricot Jam // 60g (I use blueberries spread instead)
Water // 1/4 cup
Sugar // 1/2 cup
Dark Chocolate // 3/4 cup
The cake body:
1. The butter foam ::
Cream 1/4 sugar and butter in a mixing bowl. Add some vanilla extract.
Put the first load of chocolate in the microwave bowl & melt the chocolate in the microwave. Meanwhile, return to the butter/sugar mix & whisk until it goes pale & creamy looking.
Add the egg yolks. Add the molten chocolate.
Gently (not whisking because whisking something this sloppy would knock the bubble back out) mix the ingredients in the bowl.
2. The egg white foam ::
Whisk egg whites until fairly stiff & foamy.
Add reminding sugar.
Whisk until fully stiff & foamy.
3. Add the whites foam to the butter/yolk/sugar mixture (not the other way around or you will have two horribly greasy bowls to wash up instead of one).
4. Add the flour to the mix via a sieve (because lumps of white flour show up badly in this brown cake).
5. Mix very gently folding the ingredients together
6. Bake at 170°C (338°F) for about 70 min.
7. Cool the cake upsidedown until at room temperature (about 30 min).
1. Microwave the jam until it melts.
2. Cut the cake body in half horizontally & place the halves with inner (cut) faces uppermost.
3. Pour the molten jam onto both halves of the cake. Allow it to soak in. Reassemble the cake. Allow the surface to cool again.
1. Place the sugar and water in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil. Stir in the melten chocolate and whisk it in off the heat until smooth. Put back on the heat and bring to boil and take off quickly. Whisk and leave on the side to cool a little.