Second test on my new toy! Bread dough for hk-style sausage bun. I found most guys grown up in Hong Kong LOVE sausage bun. T, my bro, my cousins and my other guy friends. Just like 燒賣(Shaomai, dim sum, Chinese dumping), every boy loves it.
Sausage bun is a type of Chinese pastry. It is essentially the equivalent of the American hot dog. It is found in Hong Kong as well as some bakery shops overseas. It uses westernized sausages instead of Chinese sausages, which are usually used as a cooking ingredient.
I use a cheesy sausage which is too salty to eat alone. It went prefect with the bread. Imagine juicy sausage mixed with melted cheese wrapped with a moist and soft bread with crispy crust...yum!
Sausage Bun 腸仔包
1. [揉麵] 除了無鹽牛油外，所有材料放入麵包機中一起攪拌約10分鐘，麵糰取出，填入軟化的奶油再繼續攪拌，直到麵糰揉出一層薄膜。
2. [第一次發酵] 取出麵糰，放在大碗中，蓋上保鮮膜，進行第一次發酵。發酵至2.5倍大，約60～90分鐘。排氣。
3. [分割, 滾圓, 鬆弛] 將麵糰分割成適當大小，滾圓後，鬆弛15～20分。(包餡麵包，分割成9個，每個約60g；餐包則分割成12個，每個45g)
4. [整形] 腸仔包: 將麵糰揉成長條狀(我用"fing"的, 像北京拉麵那樣fing長麵糰), 斜斜的圍繞著香腸。
芝心麵包: 將麵糰壓成扁長條, 灑下芝士再卷成圓桶狀, 兩端點些水封好收口, 頂部灑些芝士條。(也可以做成包餡麵包)
5. [最後發酵] 最後發酵至2倍大，用手指按下，麵糰不會馬上彈回 (約50～70分鐘，甚至於更久，視發酵溫度、酵母用量等不同)，麵包表面刷上蛋液或牛奶，即可送進焗爐。
6. [焗烤] 焗爐請於使用前約15分鐘開始預熱，以390F/200C，焗12～15分即可。
Bread Flour //240g
All-Purpose Flour // 60g
Sugar // 30g
Salt // 1/4tsp
Dry Yeast // 1+1/4tsp
Milk // 160g
Egg // 30g
Butter // 30g
1. [Mixing & Kneading] In a large bowl, combine everything except butter. Beat until well blended using a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment. Add in butter and knead until dough is smooth and elastic.
2. [First Rise] Shape into a ball. Place dough in a greased bowl, and turn once. Cover, and let rise in a warm place until x2.5 in size. Punch the risen dough down completely.
3. [Dividing] Divide in the size you like and shape them into balls. (For stuffed bun, divides into 9 doughs, around 60 g each; for dinner roll, divides into 12 doughs, around 45g each). Cover, and let rest for 15-20 minutes.
4. [Shaping] Sausage bun: Roll each dough into long strip. Roll the strip around the sausage diagonally.
Stuffed bun: Roll dough into flat round piece, spoon some shredded cheese and taper ends)
Cheese bun: Roll dough into long rectangle. Sprinkle shredded cheese and roll it up. Moisten edge with water and seal. Taper ends. Place each shaped doughs on a baking sheet or in a pan.
5. [Final Rise] Let the dough rise until doubled in size. Brush egg wash or milk on the top of each dough.
6. [Baking] Preheat to 390F, bake for 12-15 minutes.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
topics :: recipe.bread