I forgot since when banana started to upset my stomach whenever I have it. But I love banana cake flavored pastry. A B C D
These pastries just look like normal bread/cake, but waft a rich banana fragrance that seduces slice after slice. The moist and tender texture will make you sigh (that was what I did)
Banana Chocolate Custard Bread 香蕉麵包
Bread flour / 300g
Sugar / 40g
Salt / 3g
Egg / 1
Dry yeast / 5g
Milk / 80g
Banana / 2, ripped
Butter / 25g
1. In a small bowls, wet dry yeast over 1/4 cup warm water, let it sit for 15 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix all the ingredients except butter. When dough is formed, add in butter. Knead until the dough is a smooth and silky mass.
3. First rising. Wait until doubled in size, press bubbles out of dough (punch down dough) and divide into 9 even parts (60g each).
4. Middle rising 10 min.
5. Final rising 30 min.
6. Add in custard to each dough and brush egg yolks on the top.
7. Bake 340F/170C for 15 minutes.
: Custard Filling :
Yolks // 3
Sugar // 30g
Cake flour // 30g
Milk // 375g
Butter // 25g
1. Combine yolks, sugar and flour together. Add in hot milk to combine.
2. Place the yolk mixture over low heat, stir constantly until thicken like paste. Add in butter. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap to prevent skin. Set aside until cool and regfridgrate.
* notes *
1/ You can also substitute 1/3 of milk with whipping cream or cream cheese or use custard powder instead.
This cake is so good that I actually finished 1/3 of it right before dinner.......shuuuuuu....don't tell mr t! I am going to called this heavenly-chiffon cake!
Banana Heavenly Chiffon Cake 香蕉戚風蛋糕
Egg yolk / 3
Sugar / 15g
Honey / 1 tsp
Olive oil / 50ml
Milk / 50ml
Bananas / 2, ripped
Egg white / 5
Lemon juice / 3 drops
Sugar / 40g
Cake flour / 70g
Salt / 1 pinch
2. In a large mixing bowl, beet the egg whites and lemon juice until glossy and stand in soft peaks with beaters are lifted. Add sugar gradually, beating until peaks are stiff when beaters are lifted.
4. Mix egg yolk mixture + 1/3 egg white + 1/2 flour mixture. Gently fold in with a rubber spatula or spoon. Add in 1/3 egg white + reminding flour mixture. Mix until smooth and finally add the reminding egg white.
5. Bake 350F/ 180C for 30 minutes