Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mooncake leftovers: Coconut and osmanthus jelly
月餅餡消耗戰: 桂香白雪千層

Time to use the leftover coconut milk!

Only tiny bit of the coconut milk was used for the mooncake fillings, so I almost have a full can to play with. Making coconut jelly would be the only way to KO it! (Oops....too much street fighter lately)

Once again, I admit I am a weirdo. I love desserts with coconut milk, but I just hate hate hate(Bet you can tell how much I hate from the repeated word) coconut flakes. I always scrap the flakes whenever I see them.


桂香白雪千層...本來,但計錯數變成桂香白雪三層



Coconut and osmanthus jelly


6 servings, 3"x3"
revised from 吳志恆師傅: 桂香雪白千層


: Coconut jelly :
Water, hot // 400ml
Gelatine // 30g (roughly 4 packs)
Sugar // 78g
Whipping cream // 70ml
Coconut milk // 200ml

: Osmanthus jelly :
Water, hot // 250ml
Water, cool // 200ml
Gelatine // 21g (rounghly 3 packs)
Sugar // 80g
Osmanthus sugar // 1tbsp (Can buy it from Ranch99)


Coconut jelly:

1. Combine gelatine and sugar, pour in hot water until dissolved(Sit over hot water can help to speed up the process).

2. Pour in whipping cream and coconut milk, do not beat (avoid bubbles).

3. Pour into the pan to let cool, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.


Osmanthus jelly:

1. Combine gelatine and sugar, pour in hot water until dissolved(Sit over hot water can help to speed up the process).

2. Add in osmanthus sugar, stir well. Pour in cool water.

3. Pour slowly on the already chilled coconut jelly, refrigerate.

4. Repeat for several layers as you like.



桂香白雪千層


6人份 3"x3"
修改自吳志恆師傅: 桂香雪白千層


: 椰汁糕 :
熱水 // 400ml
魚膠粉 // 30g
糖 // 78g
淡忌廉 // 70ml
椰汁 // 200ml

: 桂花糕 :
熱水 // 250ml
凍水 // 200ml
魚膠粉 // 30g
糖 // 80g
桂花糖 // 1tbsp

椰汁糕做法 :

1. 將魚膠粉加糖混合,加入熱水拌勻至完全溶解。(可坐熱水加快溶解)

2. 加入淡忌廉及椰汁拌勻,不要打至起泡。

3. 倒入糕盆中放涼後,放入雪櫃內雪約30 分鐘。

桂花糕做法 :

1. 將魚膠粉加糖混合,加入熱水拌勻至完全溶解。(可坐熱水加快溶解)

2. 將桂花糖加入拌勻後,再加入凍水拌勻。

3. 慢慢倒入以凝固之椰汁糕上,放入雪櫃內凝固。

4. 可重複以上步驟做出有多層效果。


comment | 3 comments:
Gala said...

Love the mold you used! Sounds very light and refreshing.

Yujai said...

hehe, I got it from Lego store! I wish they have a smaller one with the actual base though, then I can stack them like Lego!

Yan said...

I really want to try your recipe, but I have trouble finding the osmanthus sugar. Is the sugar dry or liquid? What does the package look like?

comment | post | menu