Tuesday, January 13, 2009

matcha cookies meteor shower! 抹茶餅乾流星雨!

I love matcha (Japanese green tea), and that's the reason why Kyoto is my favorite place in Japan. You will find green tea cake, green tea pudding, green tea parfait, green tea anything in this historic city!

Usually I am not a big fans of roll cookies, but this recipe really surprised me! The cookies are absolutely delicious. The matcha flavour of course playes an important role in these luscious cookies. (Oh, and I finally got a chance to play with the winter cookies cutters that I bought last year!) Photographing the stars are just fun! I had a joke about giving 5 stars rating to my hubby...haha! Here you go, you are the star!







Sablés au thé vert Matcha

2 dozen cookies
recipe revised from lovecool


Confectioners sugar // 1/2 cup
Unsalted butter, cut into cubes // 5 oz
All-purpose flour // 1 3/4 cup (8.5 oz)
Egg yolks, large // 3
Matcha (powdered green tea) // 1.5 tbps
Granulated sugar (for coating) // 1/2 cup

1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.

2. Whisk the confectioner’s sugar and green tea together in a bowl.

3. Add the butter and green tea/sugar mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until smooth and light in color.

4. Add the flour and mix until well combined.

5. Add the egg yolks and mix just until the eggs are fully incorporated and a mass forms.

6. Form the dough into a disk and chill in the refrigerator until firm (about 30 minutes).

7.Roll the dough out to ½” thickness.

8. Cut the dough with a leaf cookie cutter.

9. Toss each cut cookie in a bowl of granulated sugar to coat.

10. Place the sugar-coated cookie on a parchment lined pan. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges.



抹茶餅乾

約24塊
recipe revised from lovecool | 中文翻譯自Aetlier Vi


糖粉或細砂糖 // 1/2 杯
無盬奶油 (室溫放軟, 切丁) // 150g
麵粉 // 1 ¾ 杯
大蛋黃 // 3個
抹茶 (我用的是宇治抹茶) // 1.5湯匙
砂糖 (包裹麵團用) // 1杯

1. 將抹茶和糖粉混合拌勻。將抹茶糖粉跟室溫放軟的奶油用電動攪拌器先以低速拌勻,改用中速打至蓬鬆且顏色變淡及一致。加入麵粉,攪打勻後加入蛋黃,拌成糰塊。

2. 將麵糰放在撒上麵粉的工作台上,揉至軟滑成球狀,輕壓成扁圓碟狀,蓋上保鮮膜,放進冰箱靜置30分鐘醒麵。

3. 烤箱預熱至350°F/180°C。在餅乾烤盤上鋪上烤盤紙,備用。

4. 取出麵糰﹐放在撒上麵粉的工作台上,將麵糰桿成約厚3/8in的薄片後用餅乾模具吸出麵糰,然後放到盛著砂糖的碗中讓麵團完全包裹著砂糖。

5. 有間距地排放在鋪了烤盤紙的烤盤上,放入烤箱烤15分鐘或是烤到餅乾週邊變金黃色就可以了。

*notes*
1. 烤好後記住要在鋼架放涼,否則口感沒那麼酥脆。
2. 我覺得原食譜的成品甜了點,所以減了糖份。

comment | 4 comments:
Venus ~ Vi said...

Hi there!

Just lovely!!!!

You think it was too sweet? I thought it needed more sugar!! It could be due to different grade of matcha we used - some just more bitter than the others @.@"

Yujai said...

I was using Uji as well. Both T and I think it's a little bit sweet, maybe because I rolled double sided for the first couple cookies?

Venus ~ Vi said...

Hi there!

Happy Lunar New Year!祝你牛年事事順心﹑財源滾滾﹑幸福滿滿^^

p.s. I used 宇治の露 and it was pretty strong or maybe I just have sweettooth for things =]

Vi

Angie said...

1) They look absolutely Lovely!
2) I love green tea too!
3) OMG I wanna get pretty cookie cutters too!

comment | post | menu