Strawberries Cotton Cake
Butter // 50g
Cake flour // 67g
Milk // 75ml
Eggs // 5
Sugar // 67g
Salt // pinch
Strawberry liqour or syrup // some
Strawberries // 1 lb
Whipping cream // 315ml
Strawberry liqour // 1 tbsp
Icing sugar // 1/3 cup
1) Melt butter over low heat, remove from heat when melt. Add in cake flour, milk, 1 egg and 5 egg yolks. Stir constantly until combined.
2) Place egg whites in large bowl. Add in salt and sugar (in 3 additions). Whip until stiff peak.
3) Fold egg yolk mixture gently into egg whites in 2 additions until combined. Pour into the cake pan and drop the cake pan gently to release bubbles.
4) Bake 160C/320F 30 minutes, place the cake upside down when remove from the oven. Set aside until cool.
5) Wash the strawberries, remove stem. Choose 8~10 smaller size strawberries for decoration. Havles them.
6) Whip cream until ribbon. Add in icing sugar and liqour. Continue to whip until soft peaks.
7) Place the cake on a flat surface, cut out the top, and slice the rest into 2 layers. Brush liqour or syrup on each layer. Spread a thin layer of whipped cream on the bottom layer. Arrange whole strawberries from outside towards center. Fill the gaps with whipped cream and cover with another layer.
8) Spread whipped cream around and the top of the cake. Place the halved strawberries for decoration.
* notes *
1/ I used organic strawberries. The flavor and color is much better than the normal ones.
2/ I think this cake is best to pair with simple flavour. Most fruits work well with the cotton cake.
3/ Strawberries look better with some green leaves. I didn't want to spend money for mint leaves so I cut out some strawberries leaves, work pretty well! (Recyling XD)
Saturday, December 15, 2007
topics :: recipe.cake